I am excited to be running a series of gluten-free baked cakes workshops limited to 10 people each.
Fewer things delight more than the smell and taste of a freshly baked cake. We eat for pleasure just as much as for nourishment and sustenance. But the key to dessert consumption is maximising quality and minimising quantity! You do this by using only nutrient-dense ingredients and removing all the empty fillers. When you eat real food, your body gets its fix and fill super fast!
Even if you don’t have a sweet tooth, there are certain special occasions in life which require us to provide forth a cake- such as a child’s birthday or a dinner party. I will show you how you can make your own home-made nutritious and delicious version very quickly and simply, without resorting to the store-bought variety (which are often laden with processed and questionable ingredients).
IN THIS WORKSHOP I WILL …
…teach you my renowned craft of how to make delicious super-simple fuss-free baked cakes made exclusively with nutrient-dense ingredients, no empty fillers, minimal natural sweeteners and with as few steps and ingredients as possible. I will reveal all my baked cake recipes with you using a basic fail-safe “formula” that I have developed and fine-tuned for over a decade. We will make and bake 2 cakes together using 2 different gluten-free flour substitutes and compare them to 2 other pre-made cakes made with 2 other gluten-free flour substitutes. By the end, you will rest assured that you can have your cake and eat it too ;-)
I will discuss and showcase raw cakes and tarts in another workshop.
COST IS $140 PER PERSON AND INCLUDES:
- Detailed theory discussion on traditional cake ingredients focusing on my favourite gluten-free flour substitutes, natural sweeteners and traditional fats
- Detailed workshop booklet including theory & recipes based on my go-to cake “formula”
- Practical demonstrations
- Hands-on experience
- Tasting several different cakes each made with different gluten-free flour substitutes
- Opportunity to ask questions and purchase pastured butter, several gluten-free flour substitutes, maple syrup and lots more!!
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR:
- Those who are interested in making their own home-made cakes very simply, quickly and fuss-free using only nutrient-dense ingredients (in other words, a truly healthy cake)
- Those who are grain-free or gluten-free
- Those who want to transition off cakes containing processed or other questionable ingredients and want a healthy substitute for themselves or their family members
- Those who want to take their health and well-being to the next level by understanding the role of sugars, gluten and fats in the body
- Those who want to try new delicious guilt-free things!
- Those who attended by cakes workshop in the past as the recipes have been fine-tuned and streamlined
THIS WORKSHOP MAY NOT BE IDEAL FOR:
- Those with egg allergies or sensitivities. This is because I am a traditional cook and all my baked cake recipes contain eggs, as a nutrient-dense cake riser and binder. If you fall into this category you are more than welcome to attend and not consume any of the cakes and simply experiment with your own egg substitutes at home.
- Those with butter sensitivities. A couple of the cakes I will be showcasing will contain butter. If you fall into this category you are more than welcome to attend and not consume any of those cakes and simply substitute another natural fat in your cake recipes at home.
WHEN AND WHERE:
When: Choose from..
MONDAY 4 SEPTEMBER
MONDAY 11 SEPTEMBER
Each class runs from 6:30PM – 9pm ish. Please diarise to arrive by 6:20pm at the latest so that we can promptly kick off by 6:30pm.
Where: BROTH BAR & LARDER, 49 BELGRAVE STREET, BRONTE (FREE STREET PARKING)
TO SECURE A SPOT
To secure your spot, CLICK HERE and simply follow the steps to checkout and purchase your place in this workshop.
Cancellation Policy; Please note that once payment has been made, it is non-refundable and your place can not be moved to a different date. If you can not make it due to last minute unforseen circumstances, feel free to gift your place to a friend and let me know. Thank you for your understanding.