Struggling to think of a non-sweet snack? I just dished up an "avocado boat" to my 2 little possums for their afternoon tea.
1. Cut an avocado in half and throw out the seed.
2. Drizzle with tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
3. Sprinkle some activated sesame seeds (optional) and some finely chopped nori (seaweed) and you've got yourself a quick Japanese flavoured savoury snack full of healthy fats!
Other variations: add a spoonful of goats curd or home made cream cheese into the well where the seed was.
Other quick snack ideas that my kids love:
- Home made ice blocks (I will post a blog on a recipe for these soon)
- Fruit with cheese and/or activated nuts
- Veggie sticks (e.g. cucumber, carrot) sprinkled with sea salt
Quick. Simple. Enjoy!