What do I eat for breakfast? Eggs day in day out. Yes, that’s right , I eat eggs every day. Fried, scrambled, poached, omelette, boiled- alternating each day. Teamed with sides of steamed greens, avocado and sauerkraut, washed down with a kefir smoothie. And I never tire of this breakfast fit for a king. Sometimes I have (pastured) bacon too. So why did I recently launch a muesli? Well, for those customers and clients of mine who have been hounding me for years to create a premium quality muesli that leaves conventional mueslis for dead on the (rare) occasions that they don’t want to eat eggs for breakfast.
- It is gluten-free (gluten is a toxin and gut-irritant found in many grains including wheat, oats, barley and rye which are commonly found in breakfast cereals and conventional muesli)
- The only (gluten-free) grain used is buckwheat (which is technically a fruit and not a grain).
- It contains a mixture of ALL of my moorish activated nuts and seeds.
- All nuts, seeds and buckwheat used in the muesli are properly prepared ("activated"). To find out what ‘activated’ means click here.
- The nuts, seeds and buckwheat groats are left whole and not chopped to avoid rancidity and oxidative damage.
- The muesli is deliciously flavoured with shredded coconut, goji berries, dried figs, vanilla bean powder and cinnamon powder.
- All ingredients are certified organic.
- It doesn’t contain any nasty ingredients typically found in conventional muesli like preservatives, puffed grains (which are very unhealthy), glutenous grains or added sugar.
I must admit that it is really yummy and I have enjoyed eating it more than I ever imagined. I don’t eat it as a brekky substitute but more as a snack or dessert or even without milk as a trail mix. My kids adore it and once again I give it to them occasionally only as a snack or dessert. Great to have on hand in the pantry for that emergency moment or to consume as a trail mix for long walks or hikes.
I have received overwhelming positive feedback from customers who have tried it. One customer recently wrote me saying that my “organic muesli is so delicious and totally addictive….the crunch of the nuts and the sweetness of the figs and goji berries make for the perfect combination that keeps me full until lunch!” – Kate Walls.
To purchase or try a sample simply contact me on 0407 871 884 to arrange a mutually convenient time to collect from my home at 23 Kent Street Waverley. It is also sold at select speciality stores.