There seems to be a lot of movement at the station so I thought I'd give you all a quick heads up summary of some of the major events in the recent past, present and near future: 1. About Life opened a new store at 1 Kiaora Lane Double Bay today 5 June 2014. Check out their FB page here.
2. BU Organics (Ebley street, Bondi Junction) closed down the Suveran cafe on Oxford St (opposite About Life) but opened up a second store- located 102 Campbell Parade Bondi Beach right in the thick of the tourist epicentre of Australia. Check out their FB page here.
3. Vivid Sydney light festival has some organic wholefood options including Agape food truck outside the Opera House forecourt. I enjoyed the Pulled wagyu beef spelt rollers from there. Other food truck options include EatArt Truck at Hickson Rd and Veggie Patch Van, Hickson Road near the Harbour Bridge. Spectacular lights, stunning Sydney harbour plus wholefood options = great night out for young and old and everyone in between. From 6pm daily until 9 June. Check out this blog post by PaleoFoodies for more info.
4. Omeio- a new organic online wholefoods retailer is about to launch in the near future. Stay tuned on this one. Check out their website or FB page for more information. They will be stocking premium-quality Australian and imported wholefoods including my activated nuts and OVViO teas and spices.
6. Sarah Ballantyne who lives in the USA (aka the Paleo Mom) published her book "The Paleo Approach" dealing with reversing auto-immunity. A very scientific in-depth approach to a complex (and ever-growing) issue. Check it out here. Her FB posts are great too.
7. The Conscious Club's next event is on 18th June and looks to be pretty awesome featuring an internationally acclaimed documentary The Human Experiment narrated by Oscar winner Sean Penn, and produced by Emmy awarded journalists Dana Nachman & Don Hardy. Tickets can be purchased here. Looking forward to this one!
8. PaleoFoodies is hosting an exclusive food evening at $80/head on 25th June 6:30-8:30pm at Tatler Sydney, Darlinghurst. It is a showcase of primally-inspired cuisine and will be hosted by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, authors of Clean Living and Clean Living Cookbook. Check it out here to purchase tickets. I'll be there!
9. Mike Campbell has published his book "Unleash your Alpha" aimed at the modern man. A manual on how to "eat like a man, train like a beast, operate like a gentleman and become a legend." Check out this post on him and his book by PaleoFoodies here. I met with him recently for coffee and an informal chat about his book and work as a PT. A really lovely guy and an inspiration and role model for blokes being the best they can be. You can follow his posts here.
Glad to see that the demand for clean, properly sourced and prepared food (together with an appreciation of a broader holistic lifestyle) is gaining momentum.