With Term 1 well underway and the daily grind of school lunches becoming a ground hog day reality, I have been asked by numerous mothers to run another round of my school lunches workshops that I ran this time last year.
As parents, we all want to raise happy, healthy, vibrant kids and the best place to start is with nutritious home-made meals made simple and easy.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
In this jammed-pack 3 hour intensive workshop I will be covering the following:
1. why childhood chronic illnesses and degenerative diseases are becoming an epidemic.
2. why such illnesses didn't exist in traditional (pre-industrialised) societies.
3. what are some nutrient-dense wholefoods that will give your children the building blocks and energy they need to play, learn, concentrate, grow and function properly, and perform their very best.
4. why the source and processing of our food is paramount.
5. why nutrient-density and removal of toxins are key.
6. myth busting around saturated fats.
7. what's wrong with what children (and adults) are typically eating for lunch and snacks: the dangers of sugar, gluten and industrial seed oils.
8. a 3 step action plan!
9. equipment to have on hand.
10. how to deal with uneaten food, fussy eaters and food intolerance.
11. a 3 step process for transitioning from processed foods to nutrient-dense whole foods.
THE COST OF THE 3 HR WORKSHOP IS $100 PP + INCLUDES:
- Detailed theory discussion on the above
- Extensive detailed handout (almost 60 pages!) including theory, lunch box suggestions & recipes.
- Practical demonstrations.
- Hands-on experience.
- Food tasting
- Opportunity to ask questions
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR:
1. Time-poor parents who need inspiration for super simple, quick and easy school lunches that are free of processed foods and made with nutrient-dense ingredients that are bursting with flavor.
2. Parents who are confused about what to pack for their children for lunch or morning tea, or want further ideas or inspiration.
3. Parents who have transitioned their children off, or wish to transition their children off, processed foods (eg gluten, refined grains, added sugars, industrial seed oils and packaged foods and drinks) but are not 100% clear on how to create a balanced lunch with nutrient-dense whole food ingredients.
4. Parents whose children are constantly hungry throughout the day despite their lunch.
5. Parents who want to replace or reduce the amount of canteen lunches in favour of home-made nutritious lunches.
6. Parents whose children frequently succumb to colds and infections.
7. High school or uni students and adults who similarly want to know how to deal with the above issues for their own lunches.
WHEN + WHERE:
WHEN: THIS Wednesday 24 Feb 7pm- 10pm (ish)
WHERE: Broth Bar & Larder, 49 Belgrave Street, Bronte
Spaces limited to 15.
Spots typically book out within 24 hours so get in quick!
HOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT:
YOU WILL NEED TO:
1. TEXT Soulla Chamberlain on 0407 871 884 to confirm if spaces are available (spaces strictly limited!)
2.DEPOSIT $100 into this NEW bank account (referencing your NAME and “lunchbox”):
Star Anise Organic Wholefoods Education P/L
BSB 062 000
ACCT 1628 4526