I am excited to be running a fermentation workshop limited to 15 people on Wednesday 18th May (SOLD OUT), Wednesday 25th May (SOLD OUT), June 1st and June 8th (FINAL FERMENTATION CLASS FOR THE YEAR)
Fermentation is a little like alchemy - where time and temperature work magic to populate food and drinks with live enzymes and probiotics (friendly bacteria) essential for vibrant health and longevity.
I have been fermenting for close to a decade now (where did that time go?!?) and there are few things I love more than sharing my learnings through practical hands-on and theory based workshops.
In this workshop I will be showcasing how to make:
sauerkraut (fermented cabbage)
Cost is $150 per person + the cost of the veggie press $35 ($185 in total) and includes:
· Detailed theory discussion on gut health, the role of friendly bacteria and probiotic-rich foods, and the factors that affect our gut microbiome and loads more!
· Detailed workshop booklet (40 pages) including theory, step by step guides & recipes
· Practical demonstrations
· Hands-on experience
· Food tasting
· 1 x vegetable press (holding approx 1.5kg vegetable matter)
· 1 x kombucha scoby
· 1 x packet of Natures Goodness Turkish yogurt probiotics
· ¼ cup water kefir bacteria (‘grains’)
· Opportunity to ask questions
This workshop is ideal for:
· Those who are interested in making or perfecting their own home-made fermented foods and drinks
· Those who suffer, or have family members who suffer, from low immunity (eg frequent colds, infections) or gut/digestive issues (including skin conditions)
· Those who want to take their health and well-being to the next level with the introduction of fermented foods
· Those who want to try new things!
Where: Broth Bar & Larder, 49 Belgrave Street, Bronte (free street parking)
When: Wednesday 18th May 6:30pm - 9:30ish (SOLD OUT)
Wednesday 25th May, 6.30pm - 9.30ish (SOLD OUT)
Wednesday, 1st June, 6.30pm - 9.30ish
Wednesday 8th June, 6.30 - 9.30ish
Spaces limited to 15. Spots typically book out within 24 hours so to avoid disappointment please secure your space quickly. If the class books out I will run another workshop the week later.
To secure your spot you will need to:
1. Text me 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available
2. Once I confirm that there is a spot available you will need to transfer $185 referencing your name into the following bank account within 24 hours (as places can only be reserved for up to 24 hours):
Star Anise Organic Wholefoods Education P/L
BSB 062 000
Acct 1628 4526
I will then send out further details closer to the date.
I look forward to seeing you at one of my fermentation workshops soon!