I am excited to be running a series of bone broth workshops. One of my missions in life is to bring this age-old elixir of health back to the modern table. With a vengeance. And a playful twist.
Home-made stock (aka bone broth) was a staple in all traditional cultures. People of yesterdays ate nose to tail – meaning that the whole of the animal (including the bones, fat and organ meat) was consumed. In fact these ‘odd bits’ were the mostly highly prized part of a kill for our hunter-gatherer ancestors, as they worked out through trial and error over millennia that they were the most nutrient-dense. Today, most people in Western society simply don’t consume home-made broth on a regular basis, either because of lack of information or know-how on where to source or how to prepare broth properly and deliciously. Here’s your opportunity to build strong immunity, robust digestive function and vibrant health for 2017 and beyond by learning how.
I’ll teach you the ins and outs and everything you need to know about how to make a gelatinous, delicious broth and how to incorporate it in your and your family’s daily diet.
I have a e-folder full of testimonials about how my bone broth and my broth making workshops changed people lives, like this one:
IN THIS WORKSHOP I WILL BE SHOWCASING HOW TO MAKE
- A basic bone broth (both assembling and straining)
- Various broth based soups
- A dessert
- A broth-infused smoothie
COST IS $140 PER PERSON AND INCLUDES
- Detailed 1 hour theory discussion on the nutritional benefits of bone broth, FAQs in making bone broth, where to source bones, how to incorporate it into your day to day life and any precautions in consuming bone broth
- Detailed workshop booklet including theory, step by step guides & recipes
- Practical demonstrations
- Hands-on experience
- Food tasting that incorporates various types of stock
- Opportunity to ask questions
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR
- Those who are interested in making or perfecting their own home-made broth
- Those who suffer, or have family members who suffer, from low immunity (eg frequent colds, infections) or gut/digestive issues (eg leaky gut, auto-immunity including skin conditions)
- Anyone who suffers from any osteo-skeletal issues or inflammation
- Athletes, pregnant or nursing mothers, mothers of young children
- Those aspiring more vibrant health, glowing hair and skin, resilient immune system and better quality sleep
- People who routinely make and consume broth but wish to hear more about the nutritional benefits of broth or wish to gain some culinary tips
- Those who want to try new things and broaden their culinary repertoire
WHEN AND WHERE
You can choose from one of the following classes, each will run from 6.30pm to 9pm (ish)
WEDNESDAY 1ST MARCH - SOLD OUT
WEDNESDAY 8TH MARCH - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 20TH MARCH - SOLD OUT
WEDNESDAY 5TH APRIL - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 10TH APRIL (this is during school holidays) - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 1ST MAY - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 15TH MAY - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 29TH MAY - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 5TH JUNE - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 12TH JUNE - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 19TH JUNE - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 26TH JUNE - SOLD OUT
MONDAY 10TH JULY - SOLD OUT
at the BROTH BAR & LARDER, 49 BELGRAVE STREET, BRONTE (FREE STREET PARKING)
TO SECURE A SPOT
1. Text Soulla Chamberlain on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available (spaces strictly limited in each class).
2. Once I confirm that there is a spot available you will need to transfer $140 referencing your name into the following bank account within 24 hours (as places can only be reserved for up to 24 hours): Star Anise Organic Wholefoods Education P/LBSB 062 000 Acct 1628 4526
I will then email further details closer to the date. I look forward to seeing you at one of my broth-making workshops soon!
PLACES WILL BOOK UP QUICKLY! IF THE CLASS IS FULLY BOOKED I WILL RUN MORE CLASSES IN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD TO ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS.
CANCELLATION POLICY: ONCE FUNDS ARE DEPOSITED INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT THEY ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.