Do you want to join our rapidly growing company, expand your knowledge of nutrition and traditional wholefoods, and be in the hub of a dynamic industry? Star Anise Organic Wholefoods is growing exponentially – especially the wholesale arm of the business - and we are seeking 2 more roles within the company:
1. Wholesale assistant to the Operations Manager
We are seeking someone to help us fulfil orders that are flowing in thick and fast. You will be working closely with, and under the supervision of, the operations manager.
Your role will include:
- Processing orders (retail and wholesale)
- Packing orders
- Dispatching orders within a certain timeframe
- Communicating with customers and stockists via phone and email
- Assisting the production team with receiving deliveries, unpacking them and maintaining the storage areas
Your role will not include any cooking, but you will be working within the Kitchen area of Broth Bar & Larder. Your role may also include labelling of products and packaging of activated nuts.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 11am (ish) with scope to increase hours if potential is shown.
- Works well under pressure and tight time frames
- Able to follow checklists and procedures to the letter
- Extremely organised
- Meticulous care and attention to detail in appearance of packaging
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Australian drivers licence to make local deliveries in company car
- Active/fit, and ability to lift and carry 20kg boxes (the job is physically demanding and you will be on your feet except when driving)
- Highly responsive to customer demands
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good problem solving skills and a “can do” attitude
- Good computer skills (experience with Xero preferable but not essential)
- A passion and interest in traditional wholefoods and the Star Anise Organic Wholefoods nutritional and lifestyle philosophy is a huge bonus
2. Kitchen Hand to join the production team
Do you love cooking and making delicious and nutritious food of the highest quality? To keep up with increased production, we need one more kitchen hand to help the production team make and package our organic artisan wholefood products.
Your role will not include any customer service, however if you show a keen interest and have a flare in that, we can happily explore that in due course!
Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:30am – 6:30pm or 10am-6pm (up to 38 hours per week)
- Prior kitchen hand experience is preferable or at least extensive personal experience with cooking, fermenting, making broths and other traditional wholefoods.
- A passion and interest in traditional wholefoods and the Star Anise Organic Wholefoods nutritional and lifestyle philosophy is essential
- Super efficient, clean, and tidy
- Takes initiative
- Ability to follows procedures, instructions, lists, recipes to the letter
- Works well as part of a team (is a real “team player”)
- Meticulous care and attention to detail in both the appearance of food and its packaging
- Excellent presentation skills
- Active/fit, and ability to lift and carry 20kg stock pots (the job is physically demanding and you will be on your feet all day)
Both of these roles fall under the Food and Beverage Award and accordingly will be paid the hourly rate detailed there plus super, plus other benefits entitled to all employees of Star Anise Organic Wholefoods. Both roles are located at our flagship store Broth Bar & Larder at 49 Belgrave Street in Bronte, so proximity to work is preferable.
To apply please email Operations Manager, Felicia, at email@example.com or for more information call 0421 786 009.
Please forward or share with anyone who you think might be interested :)