Some of you may recall that I ran a few foam rolling workshops a couple years back. I have had such overwhelming positive interest in this area from clients, customers and friends about foam rolling: why do you do it? what is it? how do you do it? I often explain and showcase the benefits of fascia release through foam rolling and rubber balls to my clients in my one on one health coaching sessions and they are blown away by the benefits. I love to move and I love sharing what I know and what has benefited me, so I have teamed up with PT Michael James of Primal Fitness to show you the what, why and hows of releasing fascia in this upcoming workshop.
Since I started fascia release a few years ago this is what I have noticed in my body:
• My injuries have dramatically reduced
• My osteo-skeletal issues have minimised
• My flexibility has improved out of sight despite doing less stretching
• My recovery after intense interval training has improved
• I am able to manage and resolve the vast majority of my muscular-skeletal niggles myself
... and, most importantly, when I foam-roll consistently (a few times a week at a minimum) I am pain-free. For someone who spent most of their teens, 20s and 30s in chronic osteo-skeletal pain, I can’t begin to tell you the sheer ecstasy of being pain-free. Moving to a nutrient-dense wholefoods diet, being well hydrated, sitting less, sleeping more, being more mindful, quitting long slow steady-state cardio and simply moving how our bodies are designed to move, all made profound improvements to my ailing health, but fascia release (through foam rolling and rubber balls) has, without a doubt, taken it to the next level. It was the last missing piece of the puzzle in my osteo-skeletal malaise.
COST STARTS from $70 PERSON
The cost of the 2 hour workshop is;
- $70 if you bring your own foam roller (short to medium length preferable) and fascia release ball.
- $80 if you bring your own foam roller and we will order a fascia release ball for you to keep AND use in the workshop.
- $110 if you bring your own fascia release ball (e.g. made by Ironedge) and we will order a foam roller for you to keep AND use in the workshop.
- $120 if you do not have your own ball and roller and we will order both of them for you to keep AND use in the workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
• An explanation of what fascia is, its role in the human body, what causes it to tighten, the consequences of tight fascia, and how to loosen it
• An explanation of why stretching alone is not enough
• Practical demonstrations
• 1.5 hours of releasing fascia via foam rolling and fascia release balls
• Opportunity to ask questions
• Your very own foam roller and a rubber ball for you to release fascia at home at your convenience (if you don't already own both)!
• Opportunity to check out a new gym and be given 1 week free unlimited classes!
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR
• Those who attended one of my earlier workshops and wish to take fascia release to the next level
• Those who want to take their flexibility and /or athletic performance to the next level
• Anyone with tight muscles, tight spots, niggling pains, or inflexibility in certain parts of their body (especially mums carry bubs, anyone who carries heavy loads, those who don’t counter all of the forward movements in day to day life, or those feeling tight /constricted in the chest, shoulders and any part of the body)
• Anyone who enjoys the feeling of being massaged (yes please!) or would love to have a regular massage but might not have the time and/or funds for it
• Those who feel like they are not getting enough benefit from stretching alone
• Those who want to learn how to effectively release fascia and iron out tight spots in the comfort of their own home
• Anyone curious to try something new and have some fun!
WHEN AND WHERE
WHERE: Primal Fitness, Shop 11 Cosmopolitan Shopping Centre, 2/22 Knox St Double Bay NSW 2028
WHEN: Friday 23rd June, 7-9pm
PARKING: street parking or paid parking in the Cosmopolitan Shopping Centre
WEAR: tight fitting gym/yoga clothes (loose clothing and loose hair gets caught up under the roller- I learnt that one the hard way!)
BRING: your ball and/or roller if you have them otherwise we will pre-order for you
Spaces strictly limited to 15. If this class books out we will run additional classes in the following weeks.
TO SECURE A SPOT
- Text Soulla Chamberlain on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available (spaces strictly limited to 15 per class) and on your equipment needs.
- Once I confirm that there is a spot available you will need to transfer funds ($70, $80, $110 or $120 depending on if you have a ball and /or roller) referencing your name into the following bank account within 24 hours (as places can only be reserved for up to 24 hours): Star Anise Organic Wholefoods EducationBSB 062 000 Acct 1628 4526
I will then email further details closer to the date.
PLACES WILL BOOK UP QUICKLY! IF THE CLASS IS FULLY BOOKED MORE WORKSHOPS WILL BE RUN IN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD TO ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS.
CANCELLATION POLICY: ONCE FUNDS ARE DEPOSITED INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT THEY ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.