I am excited to be running a round of organ meat workshops limited to 14 people.
WHY ORGAN MEATS?
Organ meats from pastured animals are the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Given that all of the structure, functions and systems of the human body are built from and run on one thing and one things only- nutrients- it is behoves us to be consume organ meats ideally once a week, if not more frequently, for vibrant health and longevity. Nutrient-density aside, from an ethical point of view, I am a passionate advocate for eating nose to tail so that no part of the animal goes to waste.
Organ meats were part of all traditional diets and were the most highly prized parts of the animal for our hunter-gatherer ancestors (along with the fat and bones of the animal….with the muscle meat often being discarded!). Most people in modern society simply don’t consume organ meats on a regular basis.
If the idea of preparing and eating organ meats scares the bejesus out of you (and once upon a time it did for me especially when coming off a hard-core vegetarian diet!) then this is your opportunity to get outside your kitchen comfort zone, expand your culinary repertoire, and build reserves of strength and vitality for you and your family. I’m on a serious mission to show you how you can make organ meats sexy ;[)
I guarantee that you will be surprised and delighted at how delicious organ meats can be! I will also showcase how to sneak them into everyday meals without anyone being none the wiser ;-)
IN THIS WORKSHOP I WILL BE SHOWCASING:
- chicken livers (in the form of pâté, chopped livers with bacon, san choy bow, bacon liver date roll ups and Shepherd’s pie)
- lambs brains (via sneaky omelette)
- lamb sweetbreads (crumbed in activated savoury buckwheat)
- bone marrow (via chocolate custard)
- ox tongue (on cooked and cooled potatoes)
- chicken hearts (via skewers)
- black pudding
COST IS $140 PER PERSON AND INCLUDES:
- Detailed theory discussion on the nutritional benefits of organ meats
- Detailed workshop booklet (28 pages) including theory, recipes and where to purchase organ meats
- Practical demonstrations
- Hands-on experience
- Food tasting
- Opportunity to ask questions
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR:
- Those who are interested in including organ meats (whether prominently or in disguise!) in their home-made meals
- Those who suffer, or have family members who suffer, from low immunity (e.g. frequent colds, infections)
- Those who want to take their health and well-being to the next level with the introduction of organ meats
- Those who want to try new things and expand their culinary repertoire!
Some of the recipes I will be showcasing contain organic dairy (butter, cream and raw milk cheese) so if you can not eat dairy please let me know so that you can skip that dish. Dairy substitutes are given in the workshop booklet.
WHEN & WHERE:
Monday 30 April (SOLD OUT)
Wednesday 16 May: from 6:30PM – 9pm ish. Please arrive by 6:20pm at the very latest so that we can promptly kick off by 6:30pm. If these classes book out I will run additional classes.
Where: BROTH BAR & LARDER, 49 BELGRAVE STREET, BRONTE (FREE STREET PARKING)
TO SECURE YOUR SPOT:
I look forward to seeing you at one of my organ meat workshops soon!
CANCELLATION POLICY: Once payment has been made, it is non-refundable and your place can not be moved to a different date. If you can not make it due to last minute unforseen circumstances, feel free to gift your place to a friend and let me know.Thank you for your understanding.