I am excited to be running one last organ meat workshop for 2018 limited to 20 people at one of my favourite butchers Kingsmore Meats in Rosebury.
WHY ORGAN MEATS?
Organ meats from pastured animals are the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, bare none. Given that all of the structure, functions and systems of the human body are built from and run on one thing and one things only- nutrients- it is incumbent upon us to be consume organ meats ideally once a week, if not more frequently, for vibrant health and longevity. Nutrient-density aside, from an ethical point of view, I am a passionate advocate for eating nose to tail so that no part of the animal goes to waste.
Organ meats were part of all traditional diets and were the most highly prized parts of the animal for our hunter-gatherer ancestors (along with the fat and bones of the animal….with the muscle meat often being discarded!). Most people in modern society simply don’t consume organ meats on a regular basis.
If the idea of preparing and eating organ meats scares the bejesus out of you (and once upon a time it did for me especially when coming off a hard-core vegetarian diet!) then this is your opportunity to get outside your kitchen comfort zone, expand your culinary repertoire, and build reserves of strength and vitality for you and your family. I’m on a serious mission to show you how you can make organ meats sexy ;[)
I guarantee that you will be surprised and delighted at how delicious organ meats can be! I will showcase how to sneak them into everyday meals without anyone being none the wiser as well as demonstrate how to present them loud and proud in all their nutrient-rich delicious glory.
IN THIS WORKSHOP I WILL BE SHOWCASING
- chicken livers (in the form of pâté, chopped livers with bacon, san choy bow, bacon liver date roll ups and Shepherd’s pie)
- lambs brains (via sneaky omelette)
- lamb sweetbreads (crumbed in activated savoury buckwheat)
- bone marrow (via chocolate custard)
- ox tongue (on cooked and cooled potatoes)
- chicken hearts (via skewers)
- black pudding
COST IS $140 PER PERSON AND INCLUDES
- Detailed theory discussion on the nutritional benefits of organ meats
- Detailed workshop booklet (28 pages) including theory, recipes and where to purchase organ meats
- Practical demonstrations
- Hands-on experience
- Food tasting
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Opportunity to purchase organ meats and other pastured meats from Kingsmore Meats butchers at 10% discount on the night
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR
- Those who are interested in including organ meats (whether prominently or in disguise!) in their home-made meals
- Those who suffer, or have family members who suffer, from low immunity (e.g. frequent colds, infections)
- Those who want to take their health and well-being to the next level with the introduction of organ meats
- Those who want to try new things and expand their culinary repertoire!
Some of the recipes I will be showcasing contain organic dairy (butter, cream and raw milk cheese) so if you can not eat dairy please let me know so that you can skip that dish. Dairy substitutes are given in the workshop booklet.
WHEN & WHERE
WHEN: Monday 4th June, 7pm – 10pm ish (please arrive by no later than 6:50pm at the very latest so that we can promptly kick off at 7pm)
WHERE: Kingsmore Meats, THE SAPORIUM, 61 MENTMORE AVE, ROSEBERY, SYDNEY (FREE STREET PARKING)
TO SECURE YOUR SPOT YOU WILL NEED TO:]
I look forward to seeing you at this last organ meat workshops for the year!
P.S. I’m after 2 helpers to come for free to this workshop to help me on the night and receive the workshop booklet and all the learnings in exchange for helping with greeting clients and washing and cleaning up as we go. Text Soulla 0407 871 884 if you are interested.
Once payment has been made, it is non-refundable and your place can not be moved to a different date. If you can not make it due to last minute unforeseen circumstances, feel free to gift your place to a friend and let me know.
Thank you for your understanding.