We will be covering how to make the following cakes and muffins using my 7 (yes 7!) favourite gluten-free flour substitutes (some may surprise you!):
(a) Greek almond coconut cake with orange syrup (b) all-raw cheese cake (c) frozen raspberry coconut cake (d) banana berry buckwheat muffins (e) chocolate cake (f) coconut cake (g) ‘Flaounes’ (Cypriot cheese and sultana savoury muffins) (h) moist white sweet potato cinnamon tea cake
- theory discussion on grains, gluten, gluten substitutes and sweeteners
- detailed handout including theory and recipes
- practical demonstrations
- hands-on experience
- food tasting
- opportunity to ask questions and buy left over cakes and muffins!
- those who are gluten-free or wish have more gluten-free options (note that 3 of the recipes contain dairy)
- cake and muffin lovers who want to learn how to make their own healthy versions using only unprocessed, nutrient-dense ingredients
- people who want to transition off processed sweets and want a healthy substitute for themselves or their family members
- parents looking for inspiration as to what healthy sweet/savoury ideas to include in kids’ lunchboxes or for birthday parties or any occasion
Please feel free to forward to any friends or family members.