While the kids and I will be away visiting family from 23-31 Dec, my assistants will be manning the fort in my absence. Just text me any orders and I will co-ordinate with them for you to collect from my workshop in Waverley.
I want to take this opportunity to thank all my clients, customers, retailers and followers of my blog for all your wonderful support over 2014. It has meant that I have been able follow my passion and do what I love to do: make nutritious and delicious food, share it, talk about it, show you how and why to make it, debunk the confusion surrounding nutrition and help you on your journey towards robust health.
2015 is set to be an exciting year with the launch of some new products, getting my cookbook off the ground, expanding to further shops and conducting regular cooking classes on some new topics as well as the golden oldies. My aim is to focus more on food coaching and to that end I am working with a holistic GP (Dr Min Yeo) and naturopath/herbalist (Anthia Koullouros) so that our mutual clients are provided with an integrated service with my focus being on culinary/dietary support and nutritional theory /myth-busting. To that end, if you're confused about what on earth you should be eating, how to shed some extra kilos, what to eat for fertility and lactation, how to perform your best if you're an athlete, how to overcome fussy eaters, have digestive or gut issues, want to curb your sugar (or other processed food) addiction, or need help with meal planning or sourcing wholefoods at the most affordable prices, I encourage you to come and see me. Click here for more information.
- school canteens offer healthy, nutritious and delicious food for growing bodies so our kids can function properly and perform their best
- kids are not offered junk food as a reward or treat from teachers or well-meaning adults
- hospitals offer nutritious food to enable speedy and robust recovery of patients
- schools offer kids the choice of standing or sitting at their desks (this has started with one school in Melbourne)
- kids are encouraged to spend most of their play-time outside in sunshine in nature
- more people walk or cycle to school, work or shops
- people are fully aware of what they are eating and the effect it has on their body so that they can make an informed choice
- people understand that the health of our food starts with the health of our soil and oceans
- farmers who are committed to ethical and sustainable farming practices are paid and revered like rock stars
Granted, the above is a pipe-dream that I probably won't ever see realised in my life time let alone 2015 but I like to dream big and maybe, just maybe, if we work together small yet meaningful increments can be made.
Here is a 2 minute video I whipped together showing the culinary highlights of star anise organic wholefoods in 2014- I hope you enjoy it!
Wishing you all happy holidays, much love soulla x