When I come across something that immeasurably improves the quality of my life I can't help but share it. Foam rolling to release fascia is one such example. Since I started foam rolling a year ago my injuries have dramatically reduced, my osteo-skeletal issues have minimised, my flexibility has improved out of sight despite doing less stretching, and my recovery after intense interval training has improved.... and most importantly when I foam-roll consistently I am pain-free. For someone who spent most of their teens, 20s and 30s in chronic osteo-skeletal pain, I can't begin to tell you the sheer ecstasy of being pain-free. Moving to a nutrient-dense wholefoods diet, less sitting, and switching to interval training as opposed to long slow steady-state cardio, all made dramatic improvements in my ailing health, but foam rolling has taken it to the next level. I have had a lot of interest and enquiries from clients, customers and friends about foam rolling- why do you do it ? what is it? how do you do it? So I have teamed up with my PT and human movement specialist, Chris Ogle, to run a fascia release workshop using foam rollers and rubber balls to show you the what, why and hows.
What you will get:
- an explanation of what fascia is, its role in the human body, what causes it to tighten, the consequences of tight fascia, and how to loosen it
- an explanation of why stretching alone is not enough
- practical demonstrations
- 1 hour of releasing fascia via foam rolling and rubber balls
- opportunity to ask questions, and place an order to purchase a foam roller and a rubber ball for you to release fascia at home at your convenience!
- opportunity to check to a new gym and be given a free 2 week trial.
- want to take their flexibility and /or athletic performance to the next level
- have tight spots, niggling pains, or inflexibility in certain parts of their body
- enjoy the feeling of being massaged or would love to have regular massage but might not have the time and/or funds for it
- are not getting enough benefit from stretching alone
- want to learn how to effectively release fascia and iron out tight spots in their own home
- curious to try something new and have some fun!