The warmer weather readily lends itself to the art of fermentation- where time and temperature work magic to populate food and drinks with live enzymes and probiotics (friendly bacteria) essential for robust and vibrant health. I will be running 2 identical half-day workshops limited to 10 people each on Sunday 8th Feb and Sunday 22 Feb.
At each of these workshops I will be showcasing how to make the following:
- sauerkraut (cultured/fermented cabbage)
- pickles (cultured/fermented cucumbers)
- kefir (dairy)
- kefir (coconut water)
- kefir (water)
- cultured cream
- cream cheese
- beet kvass
Cost is $140 per person and includes:
- detailed theory discussion on gut health, the role of friendly bacteria and probiotic-rich foods, and the factors that affect our gut microbiome and loads more!
- detailed handout including theory, step by step guides & recipes
- practical demonstrations
- hands-on experience
- food tasting
- 1 x vegetable press (holding approx 1.5kg vegetable matter)
- 1 x kombucha scoby
- 1 x packet of Natures Goodness Turkish yogurt probiotics
- water kefir bacteria/’grains’
- opportunity to ask questions
This workshop is ideal for:
- those who are interested in making or perfecting their own home-made fermented foods and drinks
- those who suffer, or have family members who suffer, from low immunity (eg frequent colds, infections) or gut/digestive issues (including skin conditions)
- those who want to take their health and well-being to the next level with the introduction of fermented foods
- those who want to try new things!
Where: 23 Kent Street, Waverley, 2024.
When: Sunday 8th Feb 9am- 1pm ish OR Sunday 22 Feb 9am- 1pm ish
Spaces limited to 10 in each class. Spots typically book out within 24 hours so get in quick! If both these classes book out I will run additional classes in March.
RSVP: To secure your spot you will need to:
1. Text me on 0407 871 884 to confirm WHICH of the 2 classes you prefer to book into and I will confirm whether there are spaces available in that class. Spots can only be reserved for 24 hours; and
2. Once I confirm that there is a spot available please transfer $140 (referencing your name and ‘LF workshop’) within 24 hours to secure your spot into this bank account:
Account name: Star Anise Organic Wholefoods (Aust.) Pty. Ltd.