Who doesn’t like creamy mushrooms? My kids love them so much that I thought that this would be a great way to disguise green veggies that kids otherwise struggle to eat. Zucchinis being the case in point. This side dish is super simple to make with only a few ingredients. Tonight I served this with roasted lamb shanks but it would also make a great weekend brekky served with eggs and avocado. My kids ate the whole serving of this and asked for more.
- 1 punnet (150g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini (or other greens of choice e.g. spinach), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream (I like the thick mud cream)
- Unrefined salt
- Cracked pepper
Melt butter in frying pan. Add mushrooms and zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat stirring occasionally until veggies are cooked through and soft. Stir through the cream and gently heat covered for a few minutes before serving (do not allow cream to boil).
- Omit greens entirely if you want unadulterated creamy mushrooms.
- Add a splash of white wine after adding in mushrooms for extra flavour and oomph!
- Add a sprinkle of fresh or dried thyme after adding in mushrooms for extra seasoning.