With school about to start next week (yikes!!) I thought it would be timely to kick off the new year with a school /work lunches workshop. As parents, we all want to raise happy, healthy, vibrant kids and the best place to start is with nutritious home-made meals made simple and easy.
I will be covering the following:
- why childhood chronic illnesses and degenerative diseases are becoming an epidemic
- why such illnesses didn't exist in traditional (pre-industrialised) societies
- what are some nutrient-dense wholefoods that will give your children the building blocks and energy they need to play, learn, concentrate, grow and function properly, and perform their very best
- why the source and processing of our food is paramount
- why nutrient-density and removal of toxins are key
- myth busting around saturated fats
- what's wrong with what children (and adults) are typically eating for lunch and snacks: the dangers of sugar, gluten and industrial seed oils
- a 3 step action plan!
- equipment to have on hand
- how to deal with uneaten food and fussy eaters
Cost is $70 per person and includes:
- theory discussion on the above
- detailed handout including theory, lunch box suggestions & recipes
- practical demonstrations
- hands-on experience
- food tasting
- opportunity to ask questions
This workshop is ideal for:
- parents who are confused about what to pack for their children for lunch or morning tea, or want further ideas or inspiration
- students and adults who are confused about what to pack for lunch or morning tea, or want further ideas or inspiration
- people who have transitioned off processed foods but are not 100% clear on how to incorporate or combine wholefoods into their lunches
- people whoare constantly hungry throughout the day despite their lunch
- parents whose children are constantly hungry throughout the day despite their lunch
- people who want to replace or reduce the amount of store-bought /canteen lunches in favour of home-made nutritious lunches
- parents whose children frequently succumb to colds and infections
Where: 23 Kent Street, Waverley, 2024.
When: Thursday 5th Feb 7:30pm- 10pm ish
Spaces limited to 15. Spots typically book out within 24 hours so get in quick! If the class is fully booked, I will run another class the week later. If you can't make it on a weeknight let me know and I will organise a weekend class if I get a sufficient quorum requesting that.
RSVP: To secure your spot you will need to:
1. text me on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available. Spots can only be reserved for 24 hours; and
2. once I confirm that there is a spot available please transfer $70 (referencing your name and ‘lunches workshop’) within 24 hours to secure your spot into this bank account:
Account name: star anise organic wholefoods (aust) pty ltd
BSB: 062 000
Account no: 15110110
Please feel free to forward to any friends or family members.
Cancellation policy: once funds are deposited into my bank account they are non-refundable but can be transferred to another cooking class/workshop upon 48 hours notice.