You may recall that I ran a few foam rolling classes earlier this year. I had such overwhelming positive interest in them and numerous requests to run some more for those who missed out. So back by popular demand I am running some more foam roller workshops for you all this term!
Since I started foam rolling a 1.5 years ago this is what I have noticed in my body:
• My injuries have dramatically reduced
• My osteo-skeletal issues have minimised
• My flexibility has improved out of sight despite doing less stretching
• My recovery after intense interval training has improved
• I am able to manage and resolve the vast majority of my muscular-skeletal niggles myself
... and, most importantly, when I foam-roll consistently (a few times a week at a minimum) I am pain-free. For someone who spent most of their teens, 20s and 30s in chronic osteo-skeletal pain, I can’t begin to tell you the sheer ecstasy of being pain-free. Moving to a nutrient-dense wholefoods diet, being well hydrated, sitting less, sleeping more, being more mindful and switching to interval training as opposed to long slow steady-state cardio, all made dramatic improvements in my ailing health, but foam rolling has, without a doubt, taken it to the next level.
I have had a lot of interest and enquiries from clients, customers and friends about foam rolling: why do you do it ? what is it? how do you do it? I often show it to my clients in my one on one health coaching sessions and they are blown away by the benefits. I love to move and I love sharing what I know and what has benefited me, so I have teamed up with my PT Sean Sheridanto show you the what, why and hows of releasing fascia using foam rollers and rubber balls in this upcoming workshop.
Sean Sheridan is a professional Strength & Conditioning Coach with a passion to strive for superior human movement. His clients over the years include professional athletes as well everyday people wanting to get the best from their bodies. A very important part of his coaching is striving to maintain high performance throughmyofascial techniques and mobility work to get the best results in the healthiest way possible. Sean is also an endurance athlete and has competed at a high level in various Ironman Triathlon events in Australia, Japan, South Africa and UK over the past years. You can follow him on Instagram @resultspt.
The cost of the class is dependant on whether you bring your own foam roller and rubber ball. For those who bring their own foam roller and rubber ball the cost is $45 per person. For those who don't have either a rubber ball or a roller we will pre-order one for you to have available on the night which are then yours to keep in which case the cost is an additional $8 for the ball and $45 for the roller. For those who can bring either a ball or a roller the cost will be $45 for the class plus either $8 for the ball or $45 for the roller as the case may be. When booking in please advise whether you will need a ball or a roller so we may place orders.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
• An explanation of what fascia is, its role in the human body, what causes it to tighten, the consequences of tight fascia, and how to loosen it
• An explanation of why stretching alone is not enough
• Practical demonstrations
• 1 hour of releasing fascia via foam rolling and rubber balls
• Opportunity to ask questions
• Your very own foam roller and a rubber ball for you to release fascia at home at your convenience (if you don't already own both)!
• Opportunity to check to a beautiful new gym and be given a free 1 week trial!
THIS WORKSHOP IS PRIMARILY TARGETED AT THOSE WHO:
• Want to take their flexibility and /or athletic performance to the next level
• Have tight spots, niggling pains, or inflexibility in certain parts of their body
• Enjoy the feeling of being massaged or would love to have regular massage but might not have the time and/or funds for it
• Are not getting enough benefit from stretching alone
• Want to learn how to effectively release fascia and iron out tight spots in their own home
• Curious to try something new and have some fun!
WHERE: Centennial Health Club at Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park (near Pumpkin Patch)
WHEN: Tuesday 13th October 7:30pm – 8:30/9pm ish [SOLD OUT] OR Tuesday 20th October 7:30pm – 8:30/9pm ish
PARKING: free 2 hour parking onsite in car park if you bring your ticket into gym to validate.
WEAR: tight fitting gym/yoga clothes (loose clothing and loose hair gets caught up under the roller- I learnt that one the hard way!)
BRING: your ball and roller if you have one otherwise they will be ordered for you.
Spaces strictly limited to 15. If this class books out we will run additional classes in the following weeks.
RSVP: To secure your spot you will need to:
1. text me on 0407 871 884 and I will confirm whether there are spaces available; and
2. once I confirm that there is a spot available please transfer $45 (+$8 ball +$45 roller as the case may be) (referencing your NAME and ‘FASCIA’) within 24 hours to secure your spot into this bank account:
Account name: star anise organic wholefoods (aust) pty ltd
BSB: 062 000
Account No: 15110110