I am excited to be running my first organ meats workshop for the year limited to 14 people on Wednesday the 3rd of August (SOLD OUT), Wednesday 10th August (SOLD OUT), Wednesday 17th August (SOLD OUT) and now Wednesday the 31st August!
WHY ORGAN MEATS?
Organ meats from pastured animals are the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Given that the functions and systems of the human body are built from and runs on nutrients, we ought to be consuming organ meats ideally once a week, if not more frequently, for vibrant health and longevity. Organ meats were part of all traditional diets and were the most highly prized parts of the animal for our hunter-gatherer ancestors (along with the fat and bones of the animal….the muscle meat was often discarded!). Most people in modern society simply don’t consume organ meats on a regular basis.
If the idea of preparing and eating organ meats scares you (and it did for me once as I used to be a hard-core vegetarian!) then this is your opportunity to get outside your kitchen comfort zone, expand your culinary repertoire, and build reserves of strength and vitality for you and your family.
You will be surprised and delighted at how delicious organ meats can be. I also showcase how to sneak them into everyday meals without anyone being none the wiser ;-)
IN THIS WORKSHOP I WILL BE SHOWCASING HOW TO INCORPORATE:
- Chicken livers (in the form of pâté, san choy bow, bacon liver roll ups and shepherds pie)
- Lambs brains (via cheesy omelette)
- Lamb sweetbreads in a creamy mushroom sauce
- Bone marrow (via vanilla berry custard)
- Chicken hearts (via mortician flavour skewers)
- Ox tongue (served on cooked and cooled potatoes with horseradish mustard and coriander)
COST IS $120 PER PERSON AND INCLUDES:
- Detailed theory discussion on the nutritional benefits of organ meats
- Detailed workshop booklet (20 pages) including theory, recipes and where to purchase organ meats
- Practical demonstrations
- Hands-on experience
- Food tasting
- Opportunity to ask questions
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR:
- Those who are interested in including organ meats (whether prominently or in disguise!) in their home-made meals
- Those who suffer, or have family members who suffer, from low immunity (eg frequent colds, infections)
- Those who want to take their health and well-being to the next level with the introduction of organ meats
- Those who want to try new things and expand their culinary repertoire!
WHEN AND WHERE:
WHEN: Wednesday 17th August: 6.30PM - 9.30PM (ISH), Wednesday August 31st: 6.30PM - 9.30PM (ISH)
WHERE: BROTH BAR & LARDER, 49 BELGRAVE STREET, BRONTE (FREE STREET PARKING)
TO SECURE YOUR SPOT YOU WILL NEED TO:
1. Text me on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available
2. Once I confirm that there is a spot available you will need to transfer $120 referencing your name into the following bank account within 24 hours (as places can only be reserved for up to 24 hours). I will then send out further details by email closer to the date...
Star Anise Organic Wholefoods Education P/L
BSB 062 000
Acct 1628 4526
I look forward to seeing you at one of my workshops soon!