I’m not ready for it. My kids aren’t ready for it. We don’t want the summer holidays to end. I can’t guarantee that the emotional transition back to school next week will be an easy one for you either, but I can assure you that with some basic fridge, freezer and pantry staples, you'll be well prepared to tackle the early morning rush hour with less haste and more ease and grace and ensure that your little chimps will be well fed with nutrient-dense foods that give them the energy and building blocks to learn, play and concentrate all day without energy dips.
Here is what I make sure I have on hand at a minimum:
1. Rectangular and square leak-proof stainless steel lunch boxes with removable dividers
2. Nesting trio of 3 round leak-proof stainless steel lunch box containers
3. Insulated food jars to keep food cold (e.g. yogurt) or hot (soups, broth, stews)
4. If permitted, activated nuts (especially our 30g nut packs which are the perfect snack size)
5. Refined sugar free treats such as our medjool date sweetened white chocolate bliss balls or our 2 ingredient carob bears (totally sweetener free!!)
6. Gruyere raw milk cheese (perfect to team with fruit for morning tea or can be the protein part of lunch)
7. Preservative-free cured meats from Bundarra Berkshires eg Capocollo and Little French Ham
8. Wild smoked salmon (delicious with lemon juice and capers folded through salad)
9. Kooee beef jerkey made from 100% grass fed meat
These are all available from Broth Bar & Larder in Bronte. We are open 7 days a week 8am-6pm. We can also ship these out to you if you email firstname.lastname@example.org (cold items only for Sydney and Wollongong residents).
To become a lunchbox pro, book into one of my school and work lunches WORKSHOPS that I am running in early Feb where I will share with you my secret tips and tricks, school lunch and morning tea “formulas” for success, discuss over 1 hour of nutritional theory and 2 hours of prac, and showcase how to prepare a nutrient-dense grain-free, processed food free lunch in 5 mins flat -I kid you not!
And don't forget to check out my social media posts to see what my monkeys are taking with them to school each day.
For more (grain-free and processed-free) lunch box inspiration check out my SCHOOL LUNCHBOX INSPIRATION ebook.
INSPIRING PARENTS TO RAISE VIBRANTLY HEALTHY KIDS ONE NUTRIENT-DENSE MOUTHFUL AT A TIME!