Easter looming around the corner is the perfect excuse to run a chocolate workshop! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if parents (and their kids!) could make their own nutritious and delicious chocolates without having to resort to additive-laden poor-quality commercial varieties?
In this workshop we will be covering how to make:
(a) chocolate block/slab
(b) chocolate slice
(c) chocolate hazelnut spread (the real “nutella”)
(d) chocolate ice-cream
(e) hot chocolate pudding
(f) raw chocolate mousse
(g) Mexican hot chocolate with chilli, orange and coconut milk
The above just about covers the entire range of my favourite ways to consume chocolate!! Chocolate cake will be covered in my gluten-free cakes and muffins workshop coming up soon! Chocolate smoothies will be covered in my bone broth workshop (yes really!) and breakfast workshops- both coming up later this year.
We will be cooking with unprocessed fermented raw cacao powder. We will not be using any refined sweeteners – only natural unprocessed sweeteners or whole fruit. All recipes are grain-free but 3 contain dairy.
Cost is $140 per person and includes:
- information handout with step by step guides and recipes
- nutritional theory discussion on raw cacao powder, raw cacao butter, carob, chocolate and sweeteners
- practical demonstration
- hands-on experience
- food tasting and lots of it!!!!
This workshop is ideal for:
- those who are grain-free or gluten-free
- chocolate lovers who want to learn how to make their own nutrient-dense healthy chocolate sweets and desserts using only unprocessed nutritious ingredients
- people who want to transition off processed chocolate and want a healthy substitute for themselves or their family members
- people who want to try new things and eat lots of chocolate! YES PLEASE!!!
When: 9am – 1pm Sunday 8 March 2015
Spaces limited. If there is an oversubscription of interest, I will run another class on Sunday 22 March. Or let me know which of these 2 dates you prefer!
RSVP: To secure your spot you will need to:
1. text me on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available. Spots can only be reserved for 24 hours; and
2. transfer $140 (referencing your FIRST AND SURNAME and ‘CHOC’) into my bank account:
Account name: star anise organic wholefoods (aust) pty ltd
BSB: 062 000
Account no: 15110110