I will be running a workshop next Thursday on how to make some of your own basic dips, sauces and dressings. I was inspired to start making my own several years ago when the conventional varieties of most condiments (even organic ones) contain many processed ingredients including refined sugar, preservatives, emulsifiers, flavours, vegetable oils and gums, colours, thickeners, gluten and other additives. I was horrified to read what actually lined my fridge door!
We will be covering how to make:
(a) tzatziki (Greek yogurt dip) (to be served with vegetable sticks) (b) pesto (to be served with cucumber rounds) (c) tomato sauce (to be served with potato wedges) (d) mayonnaise (to be served with coleslaw and / or hard boiled eggs) (e) miso dressing (to be served with Asian salad)
I will also run through some of my favourite clean/safe store-bought condiments.
Cost is $60 per person and includes:
- handout with recipes
- practical demonstrations
- hands-on experience
- food tasting (you will not leave hungry!)
This workshop is ideal for:
- those who are grain-free or gluten-free or suffer from digestive issues
- those who want to learn how to make their own nutrient-dense dips, sauces and dressings using only unprocessed ingredients
- people who want to transition off processed foods and want a healthy substitute for themselves or their family members
- those who are on a budget and want affordable (as well as healthier) condiments
Spaces limited to 10 only. If there are more than 10 people interested I will run another class at a later stage.
Please feel free to forward to any friends or family members.
Cancellation policy: once funds are deposited into my bank account they are non-refundable but can be transferred to another cooking class/workshop upon 48 hours notice.